Hey...

Pop by and say hello

Hey...

Postby Fitz » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:05 am

Hi all.. I've been lurking in the background for a couple weeks trying to gain a bit of knowledge. I've had an IPA kit for 3 weeks but still haven't had my virgin brew day yet, that will be tomorrow! I'm so excited about it. The reason for leaving it so long was finding out about the importance of temperature control. I live on my own and been a Yorkshire bloke my heating is only on for a couple hours in the evening so my house can be cold, damn cold. Anyway, it's fermentation fridge build in the morning then I'm diving in with the alchemy. I have a few questions but I'll post them elsewhere due to this been for saying hello..... Hello.
Fitz

Re: Hey...

Postby PhilB » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:25 am

Hi Fitz, and welcome to the forum ;) :cheers:

Feel free to ask your questions, wouldn't want to delay you getting that brew on and losing your cherry any longer, would we ;)

Cheers, PhilB
The answer is probably ... RDWHAHB ... Relax, Don't Worry, Have A Home-Brew ;) :cheers:
PhilB

Re: Hey...

Postby NorthernBrewer » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:22 pm

Welcome. At this time of year you don't actually need the fridge bit, just an Inkbird and heater in a cupboard will do.... And to be honest the whole fermentation control thing is rather more important to USians who are more likely to encounter too-high temperatures around their homes, the British climate (and ideas on house temperature) are rather better for "uncontrolled" fermentation.

That's not to say it's not important, but if you go on some of the US forums you'll come away thinking that it's the only thing that matters.
Planning : Yorkshire Saison, something with kveiks, Ahtanum pale with the "superChicos" WLP515/3655
Fermenting :
Conditioning : Ernest pale with WLP013/041/644
NorthernBrewer

Return to Guestbook