Hello all

Pop by and say hello

Hello all

Postby Mark_2703 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:29 pm

Been trying for three years to register here :D for some reason I never got an activation mail until I used my Gmail address, so MarkF, Mark_F and Ducastic unactivated accounts can all be deleted :facepalm:

Started brewing three years ago with the starter kit bought through Brew UK, using kits only, this year made a fermenting fridge and saw a change in quality and clarity of my beers as well as lagers, now needed to go to All Grain.

First brew on the Grain Father is planned over the next week sometime, great timing for Christmas I think :cheers: TT Landlord AG kit for an easy stress free start I hope.

Cheers

Mark
Regards

Mark
Mark_2703

Re: Hello all

Postby Trubber » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:48 am

Hi Mark,

As a newcomer also, welcome.

I have been using a Grainfather for about half a dozen brews and maybe I can give you some advice in case you make the same 'mistakes' I did.

1. The pump filter is attached only with a rubber connector. There is a very good chance that this will come off during the mash or boil (scraping the bottom and whirl pooling) If this happens, the hops will clog the pipework and you will have to dismantle. I have now attached mine with a hose clip as per David Heath's tip - he has many videos on YouTube.

2. If you get a stuck sparge and have to move the grain around to clear it, be careful that you do not knock the basket off, into the GF.

I will add more if I think of them.
Drinking: Guinness Clone, BrewDog Jack Hammer, Kingpin Clone Lager, Greg's Amarillo, Palomino
Bottle Conditioning:Cwtch Extract, Dark Revolution So.LA
Fermenting: Landlord Clone
Planning: , Mosaic/Cascade IPA, Saison
Trubber

Postby PhilB » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:58 am

Hi Mark, and welcome to the forum ;) :cheers:

Cheers, PhilB
The answer is probably ... RDWHAHB ... Relax, Don't Worry, Have A Home-Brew ;) :cheers:
PhilB

Postby Mark_2703 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:17 pm

Thanks guys, will bear that in mind Trubber :D
Regards

Mark
Mark_2703

Return to Guestbook