This a great recipe. Easy, quick and produces lovely refreshing cider in a few weeks with the minimal of effort. Knock together in 10 minutes and can be made all year round. Experiment with different flavours like Elderflower or Ginger for a interesting, refreshing drink.
5 litres of Apple Juice (ideally not from concentrate)
Sanitise and rinse all equipment.
1. Heat 0.5 litres of the apple juice and dissolve the sugar. Simmer for 5 mins.
2. Allow to cool and add to the demijohn.
3. Top up with Apple Juice to 4.5 litres, shake to aerate and pitch yeast.
4. Fit Airlock leave to ferment, topping up with remaining juice once initial foam has reduced.
5. Ferment until complete, 1 - 2 weeks then bottle.
6. Bottle in strong glass bottles adding 1/2 teaspoon of priming sugar to each.
If you wish to make smaller/larger batches then adjust the ingredients accordingly. This will make a drink of approx 6% ABV. Reduce the sugar if you want to lower the ABV.
This is a great base recipe to which lots of other ingredients can be added to give interesting variety.
Experiment with different apple juices.
Try adding Elderflowers, strawberries or ginger to give it twist.
Check out our great brewing forum for more tips, advice and brewing banter.
You have no items in your shopping cart.
You have no items to compare.