Extra rewards for forum Active Members

Extra rewards for forum Active Members

Postby greg » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:17 am

Morning all, we are now offering extra reward points for active forum members.

If you send an email to info@brewuk.co.uk with your name and postcode we will change your shop account settings so you will get 5 rewards points for every £ spent instead of the usual 1. This equates to 5% of the value of the order banked in reward points to use against a future order.

You will automatically get this every time you order as long as you are logged into your account. No need for voucher codes or anything and no limits to the amount or number of times it is used. If you don't have an account setup on the main shop then please setup one before emailing us.

This is for active members so we would expect you to have posted at least 3 times and we reserve the right to remove this from lapsed accounts if necessary to avoid abuse by non active members.

Cheers

Greg

:cheers:
greg
Site Admin

Re: Extra rewards for forum Active Members

Postby onesecondglance » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:51 am

Well that's rather nice.
Planning - Golden IPA mkII
Fermenting - Pilsner Urquell clone
Conditioning - Oktoberfest
Drinking - nowt due to rubbish stock control :)
onesecondglance

Postby oliver90owner » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:56 am

A little too generous, maybe, without careful policing. Anyone can come along, make three posts, pile in an order and disappaer.... until the next time.

But a fine gesture by Greg for the 'regulars'. Before I read the details I was thinking PhilB would be getting free beer! :D
oliver90owner

Postby onesecondglance » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:50 am

If it keeps them coming back to place their orders at Brew UK it may well be worth it...

... free beer would be nice too, though :)
Planning - Golden IPA mkII
Fermenting - Pilsner Urquell clone
Conditioning - Oktoberfest
Drinking - nowt due to rubbish stock control :)
onesecondglance

Postby PhilB » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:17 am

oliver90owner wrote:Before I read the details I was thinking PhilB would be getting free beer! :D
... ermmm :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: ... I suppose I do post a lot :oops: :oops: :oops:

oliver90owner wrote: Anyone can come along, make three posts, pile in an order and disappaer.... until the next time.
... well, that's as maybe ... but, making three posts is a lot more than searching the internet for discount codes (own up we've all done it :roll: ) and even if only a small proportion of those who make three posts hang around to chat more, that should still get us a steady supply of additional forum members :? ... and then maybe other people's usernames (other than PhilB) will be appearing in the "LAST POST" column of the "View Active Topics" page :? ;)

Here, for those who would "cynically" like to make just three posts to get the 5% rewards "upgrade", I'll even offer suggestions for those first posts ...
  • First Post - add a post to introduce yourself in the Guestbook (link) part of the forum, tell us about yourself, how long you've been brewing, what you brew and/or want to brew
  • Second Post - depending on what you're planning on brewing, add a post about it into one of the Beer, Wine or Cider sub-forums from the Forums List (link). Perhaps asking a question about what ingredients to use or about a technique you're planning on involving, perhaps just sharing a recipe or "vague plan".
  • Third Post - when one of us responds to answer your question or to comment on your recipe/plan, just come back to say "Thanks"
... OR, you could continue the conversation from there and get actively involved "properly" ;) :cheers:

Cheers, PhilB
The answer is probably ... RDWHAHB ... Relax, Don't Worry, Have A Home-Brew ;) :cheers:
PhilB

Postby greg » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:34 am

Thanks for the feedback.

Don't worry we will keep an eye on things and will remove the discount from anyone who abuses it.

We just want to encourage people to use the forums (and home brew clubs) as it's a great way to improve your home brewing which is ultimately great for everyone!

Hopefully this will also generate more active forum users too.
greg
Site Admin

Postby jonesee » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:55 am

sounds great....some do use it far more than others...not mentioning any names of course :lol:...but the content and subjects are really good for us new brewers :!: ...u learn a lot of stuff!

Think if people just make 3 posts, make an order and go then they are missing out and that's their loss/problem :D
jonesee

Postby Kyle_T » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:26 pm

Nice incentive there but I don't contribute enough to take them up on it, plus I rarely buy from BrewUK so it would be a little cheeky if I'm honest.

But I like the idea, well done.
Kyle_T

Return to General Brewing Discussions