Tangle Foot

Place for reviews on shop bought beers

Tangle Foot

Postby greg » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:10 pm

Picked up a couple of Badger Tangle Foot tonight and you know what, that is a beer that I have mistakenly written off after sampling a couple of years ago but now I really like it.
Nice mellow light crystal flavour and not too bitter. Deceptively strong at 5% but doesn't taste strong. A really nice brew, highly recommended.
greg
Site Admin

Tangle Foot

Postby Tony » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:08 am

Hmmm... interesting. I did exactly the same a few years back, in fact I really don't like any of the Badger brews. Maybe it's time to give them another go!
Beer will get you through the times of no money better than money will get you through the times of no beer (with grateful thanks to the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers and slightly adapted)
Tony

Tangle Foot

Postby greg » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:59 am

It would go very well with a roast dinner. Yum.
greg
Site Admin

Tangle Foot

Postby nath » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:59 am

Yup tanglefoot is my fave ale. I find most badger beers good, all except that orrible' ginger one. (no offence to ginger haired people, its more of a taste thing!)
nath

Tangle Foot

Postby Tony » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:13 pm

Additional: Just went out and bought one - have to agree with you Greg & nath ... exceptional brew .. so has it changed? Have I changed? Did I slip into an alternate reality? Gorgeous ale!
Beer will get you through the times of no money better than money will get you through the times of no beer (with grateful thanks to the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers and slightly adapted)
Tony

Tangle Foot

Postby greg » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:35 pm

I'm with you on that one. I didn't think much of it when I first tried it a few years ago but they were on special in the shop last week so I bought one. It was lovely and I had wished I had bought more. So I did yesterday. I can't see they have changed it as its the flagship brew although the yeast may have changed and obviously hops/grain change from season to season so I guess it probably does change from year to year.
Wish I still had some now, in fact I might have to go down the shop, it must be beer o'clock by now....
greg
Site Admin

Tangle Foot

Postby Tony » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:42 pm

Beer o'clock .. that's exactly what I said to the other half as I was lifting them from the shelf in waitrose into the trolley. She thought I was buying them to drink over christmas. Silly woman :o)

I'm on to St Peter's at the moment.

Wonderful beer!
Tony

Tangle Foot

Postby nath » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:27 pm

This has reminded me that I have 2 buy one get one free brewery tour vouchers for badger brewery. Will have to find out if they do tours in the new year. Any one wanna voucher?
nath

Return to Brewery Beers